Past Design Teams

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Where it all started

Some time in April 2012 while searching online for images I came across the Tiddly Inks site and was instantly in love.  Of all the digital stamp companies this is the one that has always held the greatest appeal to me with the variety of images that Christy draws.  I have had the pleasure of being published with their images and continue to use them with my sketches for Scrap 'N Art magazine.

When I saw that they were having a design team call I contemplated creating a card and actually have made several.  I finally finished this card and knew it was the one that I had to use.  I started with the wonderful Wryn Joy Ride image.  I printed the image a few times the same size onto Neenah cardstock.  I then colored the image with my Copics.  I then fussy cut one image from the sheet.  I then fussy cut two of the tires from another of the images and popped them up on the image using Collall glue.  I then set about making the scene for her Joy Ride.  I used this wonderful Stitched Border 1 die from Pretty Pink Posh to create the road at the bottom.  I then cut the sun and clouds from cardstock using this die set from Lawn Fawn Spring Showers die set.  I then used the awesome technique that Jennifer McGuire shared on her blog last week and die cut the "hello" from Savvy Dies five times and stacked them together to create this dimensional sentiment for the card.  I then fussy cut and added the small hearts to the scene.

I adore this image and have colored her a number of times...each time creating a fun scene.



I hope you like my card as much as I enjoyed making it.  Now to keep my fingers crossed that I might have the opportunity to design with these images all the time.

Happy crafting.....Lynda

Here's another card I created back in November 2012 using this same adorable image:


Entering this card into the following:
The Squirrel and the Fox - Anything Goes
Scribble and Scrap - Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy - Fussy Cut - fussy cut out the car
Oh la la creations - Challenge #162 Scenic

5 comments:

Daniele said...

such a great fun card thanks for joining us at OLL
hugs

Unknown said...

Lynda what a fabulous fun, Scene, love this, thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations, best of luck xxx

Unknown said...

Still loving this card, Lynda, just back with my other DT hat on, to, thank you for sharing with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week, best of luck xxx

Alyx said...

Fab, fun and funky! Great card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Anne said...

Lynda what a cutie! Love the scenes you created and good luck with the DT call
Thanks so much for joining us at Ooh La La Challenge Blog, do join us again tomorrow for our new challenge!
Anne
Ooh La La Creations Designer