Past Design Teams

Monday, June 23, 2014

Emboss It....

This week Drea has an awesome challenge on the Red Rubber Inspirationals blog...to pull out your stamps and emboss something on your project!!!  So...for my project I decided to make some bookmarks for an end of the school year gift.  My youngest took these to school with her name and phone number on the back to hand out to people she wanted to stay in touch with over the summer...and a few stayed here at home and have found their way into a favorite summer reading book already!!!

I used the Lotsa Dotsa set and stamped the dot image down the one side of my precut cardstock.  I then emobssed the image with clear powder.  I then ran the edges of the bookmark through the same colored ink and clear powder and heat set it.  This adds a nice crisp edge to the bookmark and I think really shows off the colors.  I then found some nice trims in my stash to add to each one after punching a hole in them:




So...what are you waiting for....pull out those stamps, embossing powder and heat tool and get busy creating something fun for the challenge.  You have until Wednesday, June 25 at 11:59 PM to link up your creation.

Happy crafting....Lynda

Entering this project into the following:

No comments: