Past Design Teams

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

If you like to paint...even if you don't...you'll LOVE Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion!!

Happy Wednesday everyone! Today is my day over at the Crafter's Companion blog....and I get the chance to tell you that the new Sheena Douglass Paint Fusion products are amazing!!! She has made creating beautiful hand painted projects so easy with her two part painting system. Stamps that outline the images and painting strokes that allow you to easily put the paint right where it needs to be. The practice sheets included in each stamp set are perfect for getting your brush strokes just right.

I could not wait to get started when I opened my box. I used the practice sheets over and over again so I had my brush just right and practiced mixing and blending the paint colors just so. The techniques that Sheena shows you will allow you to easily combine paint colors to create highlights and lowlights just where they should be on flowers and leaves of all types.

For my card, I first created a crackle background using the technique described in the Paint Fusion DVD. I love this look and can see myself using it a lot on cards and other projects.

I then stamped the daisy flowers onto white cardstock and painted them in a white and light blue blend of color. I then added extra details to the center of each flower using other paint. I then used two shades of green paint to create my leaves on the same cardstock.

I then cut out all my painted images. I used the same green paint to paint the stems for my flowers and mounted everything to my card front. The sentiment for my card is from the wonderful rubons included in the Fairyopolis card making kit!



If you are a technique lover like I am, you are sure to find the new Paint Fusion system fantastic!!! I hope you'll continue to stop by the Crafter's Companion blog and check out the other fabulous ideas that the design team has for you using this amazing new system.
Happy crafting....Lynda

3 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

It turned out fantastic!

Unknown said...

Hey girl!! HOw are you doing?!
LOVE this card...especially that crackled background!! GORGEOUS!!!!

Stacy H-W said...

Stunning card! I love your painting job. The crackle background looks cool too.