Past Design Teams

Monday, May 23, 2011

More painting...crackle, crackle, crackle

So...there maybe such a thing as too much of a good thing, but I don't think this crackle technique is one of those things...since I seem to be doing it on all my projects now... For this project I received this great Recycled six drawer stack and it will be the perfect addition to my craft table for storing all my fun embellishments.



For my project I first painted the entire surface with Rose Acrylic Paint; then crackled the surface using Butternut as the top color. I also combined in the paint peeling technique that can be found on the Paint Fusion DVD, so my piece looks really weathered. I then pulled out the Paint Fusion Daisy stamp set and stamped a few of the flowers onto cardstock. Once these were painted I cut them out. I used Moss and Zucchini colored acrylic paints to paint my leaves and stems onto the crackled surface. I then added the cutout daisies to my project.





I hope you'll stop by the Crafter's Companion store and check out all their alterable items...and be sure to stop by their blog to see all the great projects the designers are creating using the amazing Crafter's Companion tools!!!
Happy crafting....Lynda

1 comment:

Lora Oliver said...

Holy smokes, Lynda! That ROCKS! I love the daisies and the crackle, it just gorgeous!