Past Design Teams

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

She's gone crafty...

So...a few weeks ago I bought a sewing machine from Craiglist...it's a great machine and can do way more than I will ever use, but I wanted something that I could use for my papercrafting projects... so last night I took the plunge and made this card for the for the Cup Cards to go mid-month challenge, create a "sand & surf" summer card using one of the Jenni Bowlin mini beach bingo cards.

So for this card I used a cuttlebug embossing folder on the white cardstock first...then stitched it to the blue pattern paper. Oh yeah...lovin' the zig zag stitch!!!

The entire thing was stuck to the cardbase... I then added the bingo card to the front...covered the pail with some wonderful Core-dinations cardstock and covered a small scrap of cardstock with the sand from the card kit addon that I won from Danni! I wanted to add some dimension to the other things for the card, so I added some Helmar zapdots behind the shell, surfboard, and starfish...




Be sure to check out the Cupcards to go site for peeks of the September kit...it looks wonderful!!!

Happy crafting....Lynda

4 comments:

mustangkayla said...

What a cute cute card!

papertrails leaver said...

this is super cute! I love the seashell and surfboard appliques!

Stacy said...

Loving the stitching....I just started sewing also....sometimes the machine and I don't get along to well! Great card.

Michele H. said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along. I wanted to personally tell you that you are the CupCards to go mid-month challenge winner. Please email me your addy so I can get your prize in the mail!

Again...thanks so much for playing along.