Past Design Teams

Monday, January 18, 2021

Growing in Unity Day 1

I am so excited to get to participate as a Growing In Unit Artist once again.  It was such a thrill to see my name on the list for this year and really was a great way to start off 2021!!!.  What an awesome opportunity to share my love of stamping and coloring.  Unity Stamps are among the best quality you can purchase.  Their deeply etched red rubber leaves a clean crisp image every time.

For my first project I am using this wonderful image of a group of succulents from the Succ-y without you stamp set.   My youngest daughter and I are HUGE succulent fans and have quite a collection of them.  We've been growing babies from clippings all summer and they are safely tucked away against the house for the winter.

To celebrate her love of these plants I thought it was fitting to create something she can hang in her room near her window where her favorite little friends reside in cute little pots.  I had this wonderful letter "O" that was ready to be altered.  I stamped all around the letter using Memento ink.  Being careful to fill in the gaps with extra little parts from this wonderful stamp.  The images were then colored using various colors of Copic markers to show off the amazing colors that these fabulous plants can come in.

Look at the amazing details included on this stamp!!!


Here is a close up of one of the sections:


This was a fun project to make and any excuse I have to pull out one of my succulent plant books for color reference is always a good day!  I hope you have enjoyed my first project this week and come back each day to see what I have created.


At the end of my week I get to chose two people that leave me a comment to win a fabulous Unity prize.

See you tomorrow...and happy crafting!!

Lynda

23 comments:

https://jojosretiredpasttime.blog/ said...

WOW this is beautiful, can not wait to see the rest of your creations the rest of this week

Suz said...

Pretty coloring & creative use of the stamps.

jules said...

I love your beautiful project that you made for your succulent loving girl! My love for house plants has been reignited during the pandemic and I am enjoying it so much...and I just recently ordered some of the Unity planty stamps...thanks for inspiring me. Your creation is amazing! I too have been a huge Unity Fan since nearly the beginning...HIP HOP THURSDAYS were the BEST!!! Enjoy your GIU week. Can’t wait to see what you create all week❤️

Judi said...

This idea of letters is very interesting. I do love the crisp images from Unity stamps.

Lilsis said...

Beautiful. I live in Arizona and love using my Unity cacti and succulent stamps!

Wilma DeG said...

What a beautiful project! I make lots of cards, but like to use my stamps for other projects, too. I'm looking forward to your GIU week.

Glennis F said...

I love your project, the colours are amazing

Denise Bryant said...

Wonderful project to start off your GIU week! I love the design and colors! Beautifully done!

LuAnne said...

Congratulations on being named the Growing in Unity Artist for this week. I share your love of succulents, too. I have many containers of hens and chickens I saved from my mother's home when it was sold. They are fabulous! The altered "O" you designed is so pretty. You have gotten the colors just right!

Sandra said...

wow, this is so gorgeous!! Very creative!!

Phaline Mays said...

This is beautiful. Such a fun project.

Denise S. said...

What a fun project and I love that you used one of your books to help with how to color the image. You did a great job with it.

Linda Vigil said...

Absolutely the most stunning item I have seen created with this Whit kit stamp set. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Debbie Farrell said...

So very pretty and fun!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is beautiful! And I love that it's a monogram.

{S} said...

So beautiful!! Your colors are perfect! I love succulents too and have clippings and my babies all tucked in snug next to the house for winter. Looking forward to the rest of your week.

The Harner Family said...

What a fun project! Great job!

AZNikki said...

I also love succulents so this caught my eye right away. Amazing project and wonderful way to decorate the O. Made me want to go create!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Gorgeous colors!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your succulent "O" for your daughter is awesome! I love this idea, and I love how you coloured the succulents! I can bet that she loved it too! Congrats on your Growing in Unity feature! So exciting!

Cindy Holmes said...

Wow gorgeous looking! Love how colorful your succulents are!

Kathy Dippner said...

Beautiful project! I'm going to add this stamp to my wishlist.

Rachel Duong said...

My daughters love succulents and plants and this is such a great set. It is definitely goingto be on my wishlist. An awesome idea for my daughter's college dorm room. I love the colors you chose and the way you created a pattern with it.