Past Design Teams

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Finding time to reconnect

To say this year has been stressful and less than normal would be a complete under statement.  Having pushed aside all my art to work from home in my studio meant it was not a space that I wanted to be in during my non-working hours.  I had to find a new balance some how, so I decided that I needed to move everything around within my space and reorganize it all so the work "stuff" was just a small part of the space and not the center of the space.  So, I started a new job and thought it was the perfect time to change things up all over....I added a standing architects table to the corner of my studio and relocated all the work electronics there and off my standing studio table.  Now the center of my room is not work space, but back to being art space!

Slowly over the course of the last few weeks I have gotten back into creating in my space.  Physically putting my back to the two work monitors and laptop and allowing the painting, color, and playing to take center stage again.  It feels good.  I don't have room for my lightbox to take good photos, so I'll have to figure something out for that, but for now...I'll make due with phone images and letting the creative side of my brain take over and just PLAY again!!

I decided to play along with the Creative Embellishments November challenge.  The challenge is to be inspired by this image and create something...the twist is to add a quote.



For my project I decided that since I had just gotten a new travelers journal to start with my recent Lets Make Art Journaling box  would make some cover art for it.  I started with the Wooden doily chipboard piece from Creative Embellishments.  I used it as a stencil on the front; spraying four colors inspired by the image onto the page.  I then printed my quote onto white cardstock and used the same sprays to color it to match the journal.  I then added the wonderful Dandelion shape that I painted white as a play on the word "wish" in the quote.  This chipboard selection is also inspired by the image as things are flowing in the breeze.

To finish off my cover I added some gems to the doily piece and some doodling around certain places to highlight things.



here is a closeup...isn't that dandelion amazing...


I have been practicing my watercoloring every other day and took some need felting to play with on Thanksgiving.  I think the change to my space is working as I haven't created in months and it feels good...

Happy crating.....Lynda

2 comments:

Jennifer Snyder said...

Lynda, what a gorgeous project and that chipboard is perfect. Exquisite.Thanks for entering the Creative Embellishments Monthly Challenge.

LisaM said...

I love the dandelion! Fabulous work! Thanks for joining us at Creative Embellishments!