Past Design Teams

Wednesday, June 05, 2019

Watercoloring is relaxing!!

So for my birthday last year I asked for only one thing...a subscription to the Lets Make Art box.  It delivers to your door four watercolor projects, complete with paint, paper, and instructions.  There are weekly paint alongs and full tutorials for each project.  I considered this the gift that would keep on giving as I would have no excuse not to paint since I would have everything I needed without having to step foot out of the house....

I shared two of my projects on this blog post...along with the paintings my daughters did with me. 

Since then I have painted this fun tree branch...I think I'm going to redo it with more fall leaf colors:



And then this weekend I worked on this piece...



I have to say that I adore Sarah's teaching style.  She's super zany and cookey, so she's perfect for me to learn from.  She constantly reminds you it's just paint and paper...don't worry.  The world needs more Sarah type influence...

I am super excited to start incorporating watercoloring into more of my projects.  I think it would be awesome to watercolor through a stencil....

If you have a chance...check out Sarah's site and take a peek at her tutorials...I think you will be inspired just like I was...

Happy crafting...Lynda

No comments: