Past Design Teams

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Canvas for the cat lovers in your life

I have to admit that I have ignored my blog for a bit.  The sudden sale and dismissal of the design team for Canvas Corp left me feeling a bit off balance.  I had passed on a few other teams so I could focus on creating projects that showcased their products exclusively.  I've taken some time away to work on my watercoloring skills and to just reflect on what I wanted to do next with my art.

I've been volunteering with our local cat rescue non-profit organization since our fires here in October of 2017 and I was able to put to use the skills I learned from them to assist in tracking and finally tracking a cat that had been missing for almost three weeks.  Gato the Great has been on of my proudest accomplishments; from patterning his behavior; learning about him, to having him spotted and eventually trapping him.  This past Thursday his Dad finally was able to come pick him up; reunited with his boy after almost five weeks apart.

I created this canvas as a tribute to the amazing cat and animal rescue friends that I have made in the past year and a half.  I am blessed to be part of this amazing community and could not image a more selfless group of individuals that I can truly call my friends.

This cute canvas panel is a tribute to all those that help.  It features a digital image that I printed onto watercolor paper.  I then used Gelatos to paint the colors.  I love love love how gelatos blend and can create such great depth of color.  I added some white gouache accents.  I then printed the sentiment onto the same paper and added it to the canvas using Mod Podge.  I then outlined and added some doodle lines to the sentiment.  I then used Mod Podge to seal the canvas.  This will proudly sit on my desk at work!


So thanks to this cute project I feel like I'm back in my groove.  

Happy crafting....Lynda


No comments: