Past Design Teams

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The perfect background for Strolling Mae

So excited to share with you my first  post as a member of the Some Odd Girl Core Team!!!

I thought I would share with you a great way to stretch your pattern paper in your collection.  First I started out by coloring the adorable Strolling Mae image using my copic markers.  I kept each color pulled from my case so I could use them later in the project.  I then fussy cut the image and then used my black marker to color the edges of the image.  I then backed it onto white cardstock and fussy cut that image out again leaving a small white border around the entire image.


 
 I then decided on my pattern paper.  I picked this great floral pattern that was done in simple black and white.
 

 I then used the same colors from coloring my main image to color the pattern paper.  Creating the perfect match to my first colored image.

 
Once colored I backed the print onto my card base made from green cardstock.  I then adhered Mae to the card using foam tape.  I then added my sentiment that I had printed onto white cardstock and mounted with the same green as my card base.  I used this fun line tape to create the great black border along the card front.  I also added some silver marker to her pendant so it shines.





 Be sure to check out all the amazing inspiration from the Some Odd Girl Core team on their blog.

Happy crafting....Lynda

1 comment:

Sylwia-eR said...

Beautiful autumn- I love that colors:)