Past Design Teams

Thursday, July 10, 2014

It's my turn...and it's anything goes...both at the Red Rubber Inspirationals blog this week...

It's time for a new challenge at the Red Rubber Inspirationals blog...and it's my turn to host!!!  My theme this week is Anything Goes.  So pull out those stamps and create...well anything and submit it to the challenge blog for your chance to be chosen as an inspirational project for the week!!!


Deadline for submitting your projects is Wednesday, July 17, 2014 at 11:59 PM US Central time. 

I really wanted to showcase some fun stamps that I own from Red Rubber Designs, so for my first project I stamped the Diamond ornament image three times in a row onto white cardstock using black versafine ink.  I then trimmed the cardstock and inked the edges.  I then added a glitter brad to the center of each image.  I then trimmed the pattern paper to the card front size and printed the sentiment directly onto the pattern paper.  This sentiment from Pickled Potpourri's Today stamp set.  I finished the card by rounding the corners on the pattern paper side of the card.


For my second card, I used these fabulous flowers from the Spring Dream stamp set.  Each flower was stamped onto a cardstock strip that was cut to the same size.  I printed the sentiment onto the white cardstock prior to trimming each piece.  The sentiment is from the Nature's greetings digital sentiment set  by Pickled Potpourri; our digital image sister company.  I then colored each image using my Copics.  I then used my scissors to rough up the edges along each image.  I next added a single strip of this fun washi tape to the center of my card base.  I added each stamped image onto the card and roughed the edges of the entire card using my scissors. 


For my final card I am using all digital images Pickled Potpourri.  This wonderful floral image is from the Today set.  The sentiment is from the Nature's Greetings set and was printed directly onto the cardstock.  I printed the main image onto white cardstock and colored it with my Copics.  I used the dotting method to create the fun background.  I then fussy cut the image out.  It hen mounted the image onto black cardstock and doodles around it with a white gel pen.  I then added it to my card base.  I then doodles around it in the same method.  I then roughed up the edges of the card base.  


I hope you'll pull out some stamps and images and create something fun to enter into my challenge this week!

Happy crafting...Lynda

Entering this card into the following challenges:



2 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Very striking cards Lynda. I love how you use color.

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful creations. Love the elegance of the first, the distressed edges on the second and the doidling on the third.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}