Past Design Teams

Monday, October 29, 2012

Create a scene

So this week the MyGrafico designers got to work with either of two kits by Revidevi designs.  I decided to work with this kit called Wine Tasting which features thirteen (13) digital stamps that coordinate.


I thought I would challenge myself to do something with the wonderful tree and structure image included.

I printed the image twice onto cardstock.  I used my Copic markers and chalk to color the image in.  I then cut away the two trees in the front from the second printed image and colored them the same as the first image.  I then used foam dots to pop the trees up and off from the image.  I trimmed the entire thing from the cardstock.  I then went about making a rolling hills background for my image.  I used a kraft cardstock as my base and added the trimmed pieces of coordinating colored cardstock to the front to form the hills.  I then outlined each hill with black ink to really add some depth to my scene.  I then added the stamped image to the front to complete the scene.  For the sentiment I ran the cardstock through my printer before cutting the hill from it...being sure to align my next hill just below the printed text.



Be sure to check out all the other wonderful designs created by the creative team on the MyGraphico blog and the other Revidevi products in the store here.

Happy crafting...Lynda

No comments: