Past Design Teams

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

It's okay to make a scene...

Happy Tuesday everyone..here is a fun project idea that I like to do.  There are times when I look at a stamp set and think that I would like to create an entire scene using the set...so I do.  I paint a lot, so I look at my stamps as more than just individual images at times...

For this project I started with this great stamp set from Hero Arts titled Right at Home:


I first stamped the house in the center of my cardstock strip using Memento ink...then added a fence to either side...then another house and repeated the pattern till my paper was full and I had a cute neighborhood.  I then stamped clouds along the top...I created a mask using a scrap piece of paper so I could place some of the clouds behind others for some depth to my project:



I then began to add some color to my street scene...using my Copic markers to color in each house, add some shading to the clouds and fences:


I then used some watercolors to add grass and some blue sky to my scene:


I then cut my scene into three pieces, stamped a sentiment onto each one, and added each part to a coordinating card base.



Here is each card individually...as you can see you can create some fun unique card set easily in one sitting:






Be sure to check out all the other amazing Hero Arts images that can be found in the store.

and don't forget our challenge this month is Wedding or Graduation project...


Happy crafting...Lynda

No comments: