Past Design Teams

Friday, August 19, 2011

Recital layout

I love taking pictures of my girls...and the dog.....she's a girl, so she could fall into the first category... When it came time for oldest to have her dance recital and I got my first look at her costume for the number they would be doing my heart skipped a beat... They were dancing to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cindy Lauper and the costume was Like So 80's!!! I knew immediately that we would have to do some special pictures on the day of the recital... we would have to go BIG with the hair...and really play up the theme...

I took some time to make her hair just so, "Not too big Mama"......added glitter and lots of sparkle to her hair and just a touch of makeup.... we then headed out to the back yard where the flowers were just starting to bloom and I have this cute bicycle planter that I knew would make the perfect prop for the shoot... She was such a good sport...letting me take picture after picture of her... When it was all done I had about ten really good shots that showcase her fantastic personality.

I have had this picture printed and in my room for awhile...not sure how I wanted to scrap it, but knowing it had to be done just so because it really had to make her image be the start.

I wanted to challenge myself to use supplies that have been in my room for a while. I started out with these cute Doodlebug pattern papers that were in my stash...had just some strips left, so that kind of determined the layout design... I backed the photo with some blue cardstock and used a Fiskars border punch to show off the pattern paper strips... These adorable blue Prima flowers were added to the page using some mini-Glue Dots adhesive; and the buttons too.... I added some paint areas and these rubons for the title. I am so happy with how the page turned out and it is a wonderful addition to her album.



I am submitting this layout into the Got Paint? challenge over on the Inspiration Emporium blog.
Be sure to dig around in your scrappy stash and see what you can find....what was old is now new again when you look around...

Happy crafting....Lynda

No comments: