Past Design Teams

Friday, July 08, 2011

Flowers are coming up all over...

Sheena Douglass has done it again with more amazing life like painting techniques with her latest releases. I was lucky enough to get the Tulip stamp set to play with. I live in the Pacific Northwest and go to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival each year where I get to experience some of the most beautiful flowers grown here in the US. I am always in awe of how each flower seems to look as if it were painted by hand....and these new Paint Fusion stamps and the included practice sheets make that possible.

For my card, I chose to use a red and an orange/yellow paint for my main flower colors. I first practiced the different leaves of the flower until I had mastered each one. I then put them all together to create my flower. I then use the practice sheet to learn to paint the leaves. The individual steps are so clearly outlined on the sheets that it makes learning to paint these flowers such an easy process.
I then attached my flower to a card base covered with some pattern paper; from Memory Box. I used a rubon from the Fairyopolis Cardmaking kit to finish off my card.




This month the challenge at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog is to create a card based on a Page Maps sketch. I used the flowers from the Butterfly Paint Fusion set for my card. I colored the image with Primacolor pencils; which I LOVE for shading and detailing. For a more lifelike look I added the Prima leaves behind my stamp images. The Pearlescent papers are awesome on a card; they add to much shine. The rubon was from my stash for the card sentiment.



I hope you'll take some time to create some cards this month and if you get time take the challenge and create something based on the sketch that can be found on the blog here.

Happy crafting....Lynda

No comments: