Past Design Teams

Monday, April 28, 2008

Guest designer work for the Scrap City

I was chosen to be one of two guest designers for April at the Scrap City; along with my pal Becca! http://thescrapcity.com/index.php
I was given this yummy kit from Me & My Big Ideas to work with. It was full of yummy papers and lots of glittery embellishments...totally fun to work with.
For the first card I covered a piece of the chipboard with blue glitter. I covered a white card base with the blue solid paper first. I then trimmed the pattern paper with scalloped scissors and adhered it to the cardstock. I trimmed a single strip of the same pattern paper and placed it below the scallop. I used some letter stickers to spell out "hello". Lots of ink along the edges and we're done.
For this one I covered a white card base with the solid blue paper first. I then trimmed the blue pattern paper to fit just inside that. I placed a single strip of the coordinating pattern paper across the front...putting a few rhinestones, the title rubon, and the cute embellishment in place to finish the card. (oh, don't forget the inking)

For this card I adhered the red pattern paper to a white card base. I then rounded the right two corners. I cut two strips of the coordinating pattern paper and placed the embellishment in the place where the papers crossed.

I used the red pattern paper as the base for my layout. I cut some stars from the coordinating pattern paper and then some strips. I created the journaling block from a piece of the green pattern paper, adding a small star that has been edged with glitter. I added a few ghost stars, a cute sticker from my stash, and stamped these wonderful stitch lines from my pal Sheila's Tricia leaves me in stitches set. http://www.thatsjazzystampdreams.com/index.html


This final layout is version two....I had created one and something was not quite right...so I took it apart and figured it out....yeah! This layout uses the green paper as the base...lots of doodling around the outside of the page. I used the letter stickers from the kit to spell out my title and outlined each letter to make them stand out more. I covered one of the the chipboard flourishes with pieces of the leftover pattern paper from the cards and other layout. I added a layered flower and the cute "joy" embellishment to the bottom.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the cards!!! And love how you used the stamps!!!!
Your DD is so beautiful!!! wonderful photo and layout!

marcibun said...

Very pretty, I love the colors, great cards. Congrats on the GD spot :)

Ginnifer said...

Such cute work Lynda!!

Ginnifer said...

So cute! lovin all the bright colors!