Past Design Teams

Friday, March 29, 2019

Bohemian cottage

So I am excited to share with you today this awesome project I made using this adorable little Maya Road cottage I had in my stash and some amazing papers from the Bohemian Romance line from Canvas Corp.  I knew straight away when I opened the Mixed Media Pack from the Bohemian Romance line that I had to use some of the paper to make a home decor piece. 
Products used for the bohemian romance cottage:
Canvas Corp Bohemian Romance Mixed Media Pack
Tattered Angels High Impact paint – Grey
Tattered Angels High Impact Metallic Paint – Copper
chipboard house by Maya Road
mod podge
paintbrush
scissors, paper trimmer, hole punch


Start by painting on your first coat of the Grey High Impact Paint onto the chipboard windows and door.

I like to label all my sides when working with a dimensional item; so you will see the numbers on the back of the paper and each side of the cottage. I then trim down the pattern paper and label it with the corresponding side number. This makes it easier when adding the papers to the project using mod podge. Add all the pieces to the building sides and roof. For the roof I used binder clips to secure in place as it was drying because of the raised center of the roof line.

Add a second layer of paint onto the windows and door. Set them aside to dry as you work on final touches of the house. 

I added Copper paint along the roof edge to tie in with the copper roof paper. Use liquid adhesive to add the window and door to the house. I used a hole punch to cut a doorknob from the roofing paper to tie the entire house’s look together.




I love my little cottage and it proudly sits on the side table.
I hope this project has encouraged you to check out the Mixed Media paper packs for all the Canvas Corp lines…it is a great way to get a sampling of papers that are amazing for all your projects!
Happy crafting!   Lynda

No comments: