Past Design Teams

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Remaking a Target dollar spot pumpkin

So if you are like me...you can't make a trip through Target without stopping at least once in the dollar spot section.  When the fall and Halloween items were put out I picked up one of these plain white pumpkins so it would match everything.  Little did I know that I would be inspired to switch up this pumpkin with some wonderful sprays.  Here is what I started with:


 I used a piece of recycled bubble wrap and sprayed it with irRESISTible NEON Electric Blue and irRESISTible Pear Tart texture sprays.  I then pressed the bubble wrap into and all around the pumpkin to achieve the desired coating and pattern.  I paid extra attention to the grooves of the pumpkin making sure to coat the surface evenly, but allowing bits of the white to show through. 




I then used a piece of white wire trim and curled it to look like the little vines on a pumpkin.  I added the trim and a coordinating leaf from my stash to the pumpkin using liquid adhesive. 


I love how this piece now looks and the transformation from bland to grand with some fantastic color and texture was done in less than a half hour.

Happy crafting....Lynda

No comments: