Past Design Teams

Tuesday, October 02, 2018

October already?

It is hard to believe that it is already October.  This past year has been so full of challenges and changes here in our community in Northern California.  In less than one week it will be a year since the terrible wildfires burned through our area.  So much has changed and so much has yet to change.

One thing that has stayed the same is my need to be creative as a way to express myself.  This has always been a great way for me to let off stress and relax.  I've been creating a lot of mixed media and altered projects lately for the design team I am on.  It is fun to take something and repurpose it into something totally new.  Giving a new life to something is a great feeling.

We had a challenge on the Canvas Corp crew to create something using a foreign language that we speak, so not our native language.  For my project I created a cute little notebook that has the saying "My Love"....in Spanish (which I speak a little of), French (which both my girls now are taking in school and speak) and Cat...which my family thinks I speak.  Whenever one of the cats start meowing everyone always asks me what they are saying:




I also created this watercolor book using a stencil:




I've been doing a lot of coloring as well...even had a few pieces submitted for publication in a European magazine.  I will know in a couple weeks if the cards were picked up or not.  Lots of other projects will be shared once they are posted on the Canvas Corp blog.

For my birthday the family bought me a subscription to a watercoloring kit that will come each month.  Each box has four projects and enough supplies to make the project twice.  I am looking forward to working on my watercoloring skills and creating some new art for our walls and my office. 

I hope you have enjoyed these projects and I will share the others as soon as I can.

Happy crafting....Lynda






No comments: