Past Design Teams

Friday, June 30, 2017

Growing in Unity Final day....day five

Hello for one last time my Unity Friends.  I am so sad that my week has come to an end, but I have a great pair of cards to share with you today.



This time I'm using an image from the Fly Free Kit of the Month from 6/10:


I started with some watercolor card bases.  I stamped the flowers and sentiment using Stazon ink.  I then picked an acrylic block and added ink directly to the surface and stamped it over the flowers to create the color block behind the flowers.  I then colored the flowers using Distress Markers.  I then added some washi tape along the edges of the cards and inked the edges with the same color.  I then made a mask of the sentiment and used the same ink to color it in as well.  I then used some Stazon Studio Glaze in the centers of the flowers to make them dimensional.

Just like I have done on a couple of other days this week...I created two cards for you using the same image and techniques...but the looks are different...




Be sure to leave a comment on this post and the others from this week as I get to pick one lucky person to receive an awesome prize from Unity!!

Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments this week...it has been so much fun sharing my work with you and I hope to have inspired you to try a few new things with you Unity Stamps!

Happy crafting...Lynda

5 comments:

Kandy said...

For some reason, I'm just now seeing this. Checked out your blog and previous posts. Great job. I love this set...Fly Free. Keep up the good work.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! Love that flower stamp and the 'true friend' sentiment! I have enjoyed your GIU week! Thanks for sharing your cards with us!

Shelly said...

Very nice. Thank you for sharing your talent and ideas this week. I have enjoyed all of your wonderful projects!

Becca Yahrling said...

These are both darling. Love how you added seed beads (?) to the center of the flowers on the first one. But both are gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing your gift of art with us this week.

sharon g said...

I like the soft look you effected. They are so sweet.