Past Design Teams

Monday, October 20, 2014

Path of Positivity Mid-challenge post - Courage

Our theme this month on the Path of Positivity blog is Courage.  What does courage mean to you?  What does courage look like?

For my mid-challenge project I selected this wonderful Daisies image set to work with from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  The image is beautiful and the sentiments are fabulous.




When deciding what to create I knew that I wanted the flowers colors to represent two toned beauties.  Flowers in nature must endure great change from seed to flora and are rarely a single solid color, but made up of many colors.  I then decided which sentiment I wanted to use from this set.

I printed the main image and one of the sentiments onto white cardstock.  I then trimmed the sentiment circle using scissors.  I then colored the main image using my Copic markers; focusing on the hues being at least two toned on each flower and leaf.  I then inked the edges of the image and the circle.  I added the main image to my card base and the sentiment was added using foam tape for dimension.



I chose this sentiment as a reminder to myself to truly "Embrace every Season of your life".  It is so easy to get into a routine and to miss out on what is going on around you.  Especially if you are facing difficult times.  It take great courage to face problems head on and deal with them; especially the ones that are not easy.    So this sentiment to me is a reminder to face and embrace the seasons of good as well as those of bad that are a part of life.

What does courage mean to you?  Create a project that is a visual representation of what courage means to you, what it looks like to you, or who has been courageous that inspires you...tell us about your project and link it up on the Path of Positivity blog.

This month our fabulous sponsor is Sparkle N Sprinkle and they have some wonderful prizes available to three lucky particpants.

Sparkle N Sprinkle is the sole sponsor for this challenge:  They are offering up three prizes for this challenge, which will be:
  • Three digital images for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • Three digital images for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • Three digital images for a project or post that best displays the concept of courage in a creation meant for a breast cancer survivor (since it is breast cancer awareness month).
There will also  be:
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
  • One digital designer paper (made to order in a few different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.

Happy crafting....Lynda

No comments: