Past Design Teams

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sweet apple

At the end of the school year I knew I wanted to give something special to my youngest daughter's teacher.  I had a balsa wood apple tray in my craft room and knew that it would be perfect for her.  I decided to use some of the wonderful pattern papers by Lilian Ellaboudy Design:










I printed the faux wood in a wonderful yellow and used it for the base of the frame, the apple base is from the Turquoise set, and the leaf/stem is from Boho Flowers.  Once I printed the papers I added them to the balsa pieces using Mod Podge and trimmed them close once it was dry.  I then used ink to highlight the edges of the apple.  I then sponged white paint to add texture to the faux wood paper and think it looks awesome.  I used a buttercreme paint to paint the outside of the frame.  The teachers name was spelled out using thickers.


Her teacher loved it...and I actually hated to part with it once it was done...  be sure to check out all the amazing pattern papers that Lilian Ellaboudy has in her store...you won't be disappointed!!

Happy crafting....Lynda

No comments: