Past Design Teams

Friday, May 17, 2013

Love me some Unity - Friends with Flair

So my oldest was headed out to camp...and she was feeling a little nervous and anxious about the trip...  So I decided to create her a few things that I hoped would cheer her up on her trip.

I like to color while the girls are doing their activities....and I save all my coloring practices for just such a project...where you don't need all of an image in this case...  I used part of one of the fashionista images for my first card...her name is Claire


I also used the adorable panda from the April Kit of the Month:



here are the cards...and you'll notice that cute leather bracelet...I also made that too...





I was able to give her the bracelet in the morning before she left...I did learn a very important lesson while crafting this...do NOT have your house alarm on if you have a "breaking glass" sensor on your system...I kind of set off the alarm at 11:30 at night while tooling away on the leather...oops...sorry about that family!!!

Happy crafting...Lynda

Sharing my images on the Friends With Flair hop!!!

21 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Too funny about the alarm going off, but wonderful things to send your daughter off to camp with. She'll treasure them all!

Ruby said...

Very cute cards.

NoraAnne said...

Great cards and sweet bracelet!!

Linda said...

these cards are so sweet I think they are cute.

Carol L said...

Sorry about the alarm, but I like the way you colored these fun images!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Oh no about the alarm but what gorgeousness you created for your daughter.

Diana Fernandez said...

super cute!! I love your coloring!

Kary said...

What cute cards, and the sweet bracelet for your daughter!! Such a lovely thought and I'm sure your daughter will treasure these.

Gaylynn said...

These cards are darling and that bracelet is super fabulous. She's going to love these. :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Oh, what great fun! The bracelet is awesome, too!

Angeline Choo said...

awww, how sweet of you! i'm sure your daughter would appreciate this!

Raven said...

Setting off the alarm sounds like something I would do. :) Really cute cards.

Lindsey said...

These are fabulous cards (and alarm-causing bracelet!) for your daughter. Great idea to just use part of the fashionista stamp; really works here.

Pryn said...

Adorable cards!!! I soooo love that bracelet!!! Well worth the alarm going off ;)

Corrie said...

Great cards funny story about the alarm

Martha said...

Lynda, what DARLING cards & fabulous bracelet. I'm sure they brightened your daughter's day.

Loved your "alarm" story!

JPScraps said...

Super cute cards and bracelet!

Unknown said...

super cute cards and bracelet. What a memory to have setting off fire alarm!

Beejay said...

Love those sweet cards!

Miwa said...

Such cute cards! Hope your daughter is having a great time at camp!

Tameko said...

Cute cards and bracelet. Such a nice little gift!