Past Design Teams

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Just stop over-thinking things...

I've been a part of the Brave Girl community for three years now and have witnessed and participated in some pretty amazing things.  I was fortunate to attend camp in October 2010 and met some of the most amazing women.  Last Summer I packed my kids up in my car and we drove to Idaho to spend a few days with Melody and her family at the Brave Girls Ranch....talk about an amazing trip.  Just us girls hitting the road...  they still talk about how much fun they had, how beautiful the Ranch was, Melody's chickens, and how sweet she was to them...

So when D'Wana posted in the group that she was selling custom leather cuffs to raise money for her trip to Zambia, Africa in June I knew I wanted to help her out if I could.  Look at these beautiful pieces of art:



....the only problem was coming up with what word I wanted on my cuff...

I went through the normal list...
Brave - have one that says that
Mama - yeah I hear that enough that I don't need it on my wrist
Love - have one that says that
Lynda - made one that says that too....

I was getting desperate...I wanted to help D'Wana and didn't want to leave her hanging waiting for me...

Then the tragedy in Boston hit and I just sat and sat and sat...wondering what this world was coming to...what type of world are my girls growing up in...  and then a sense of peace came over me as I realized that from even the most horrible of events...the world around begins to FLOURISH again with a new life...new beginning...and so my word was chosen...



flour·ish

  [flur-ish, fluhr-]  Show IPA
verb (used without object)
1.
to be in a vigorous state; thrive: a period in which art flourished.
2.
to be in its or in one's prime; be at the height of fame, excellence, influence, etc.
3.
to be successful; prosper.
4.
to grow luxuriantly, or thrive in growth, as a plant.
5.
to make dramatic, sweeping gestures: Flourish more when you act out the king's great death scene.



I am looking forward to getting my new bracelet.  I am posting a few samples that she has shared on her facebook page so you can see the amazing work she does...and if you are so inclined to order one for yourself... you can contact her via email at dwanalea @ gmail.com.  Her bracelets are $20-30 and are worth every penny!!!  Or you can find her on facebook.

Happy crafting....Lynda

No comments: