Past Design Teams

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

It's my turn again on the Crafter's Companion blog today and I had the best time combining some of the amazing products that they manufacturer together. For my project this week, I used the newly released Paint Fusion Pansies stamp set.

I first created masks for each of the stamped images; to do this you stamp each flower and leaf onto post-it notes. Be sure that there is a part of each image that is on the sticky part of the paper. Then cut out each one. For this project, I stamped each flower twice and each leaf twice; to create a total of four masks. Stamp your first flower and cover it with the mask; then a leaf; covering the leaf with the mask; then continue until you have created a flower grouping that you are happy with.

I then used Prismacolor pencils to color in my images. I wanted to give my image a more realistic look, so I took my embossing tool from my Ultimate tool and distressed along each part of the flower using a swirling motion...this broke down the fibers of the paper a bit and allowed the image to curl a bit in places.

I then adhered my image to the pattern paper piece that I trimmed and rounded the corners on. I inked along the entire piece as well. I then decided to add these adorable Fairyopolis rubons to my card front. The sentiment was a bit too big as it was on the sheet, so I trimmed each word and put them on separately. These rubons are of an amazing quality that you are able to adapt them to any need; they won't tear or break apart! I then decided to add as much of that little fairy to the bottom as I could; adding a piece of scrap paper behind the pattern paper before I rubbed it on; so he fit my space just right.

Here is my finished card:



I hope you'll drop by the Crafter's Companion blog to be inspired by the fantastic projects created by their design team. And be sure to check out the store for more great products!!!

Happy Crafting...Lynda

No comments: