Past Design Teams

Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunny days are here again

Wahoo...we've been busting out from under the clouds to have some beautiful sunny afternoons here in the Pacific Northwest!!! That means snuggling in the morning and playout outside in the afternoon.

In honor of the sunshine I decided that my project last week for the Creativity Boutique blog needed to focus on the sun...

I first stamped the Fun in the Sun stamp from the Stampendous stamp set of the same name onto kraft cardstock with brown ink. I then trimmed the entire image using deckle edge scissors.

I then cut one of the Stampendous Orange class a peel stickers in half and use it as my sun on my sentiment of the card...coloring in the word SUN using a white Sharpie marker.

Then I mounted my stamped image onto glittered cardstock so it really sparkled...



See that little sliver of awesome yellow pattern paper showing...none other than Echo Park!! If you can tell from my recent projects I am kind of obsessed with their lines right now...using every scrap I can on projects... Let me just say that if you haven't gotten your hands on this paper yet you need to...the quality is amazing and the colors are to die for...fabulous for all kinds of papercrafting...

Here are a few other cards I have made since the last blog post that also use their paper...



and then I needed to create a scene for this cute duck...I mean look at it...she needed to go for a walk in the park:



(can you see I've also been playing with my Scor Pal too...love how you can make those great embossed lines that show off the edge of a card!)

Hope where every you are that the sun breaks out and you can enjoy the wonderful summer weather!!!
Happy crafting.....Lynda

1 comment:

becca said...

cute stuff lynda!!! darling little duck.