Past Design Teams

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New layout today

So...last night at 8PM EST the folks at Creative Scrappers posted a 24 hour layout sketch contest on Facebook... and you probably know how much I love contests...and this one was truly a challenge with the timeline....







so...I printed it and started putting it all together... well I got tired and didn't finish last night... during the night I had an idea to use this fun circle cardstock piece I picked up months ago on the page...I decided to cut strips of the Kaiser Crafts pattern paper and then staple them around the edge of the circle as a fun embellishment. I created my journaling block from a piece of the main pattern paper (cut it away from behind my photo)...

I simply adore this photo of the girls that I took while playing with my new flash over the holiday vacation....



Pattern paper: Kaiser Crafts; Chipboard letters: Bo Bunny, Circle Sentiment: The Weathered door; adhesive: Helmar 450 glue for chipboard and circle sentiment.

I can't wait for them to see it...I put it on the "newest layout" easel by the table upstairs so they will see it when we sit down for dinner...

Happy crafting....Lynda

4 comments:

Stef H said...

what a beautiful page and 2 beautiful little girls!

hope all is well.

hugs :)

mustangkayla said...

Fantastic take on the sketch! I love that circle sentiment and what you did with it!

Monique Liedtke said...

Thank you for you kind words on my blog and choosing me as first "Saturday Slushie"!
Love this layout of yours.. what a great idea to use the paper strips behind your circle!
Have a wonderful day!
Monique

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Beautiful layout! I love what you did around the sentiment. And thanks so much for playing along with the CARDS challenge!!