Past Design Teams

Friday, April 24, 2009

Being a Mom contest...


A local jewlery store is having a contest...you are to write in 500 words or less what being a Mom means to you. The prize is a kids keepsake necklace that features a charm for each child.

I first thought about just writing the word "work" 500 times....but I sat down and thought about all the things that make being a Mom so great....

What being a Mom means to me.

Being a Mom means that I now have the most important job in the world.
Being a Mom means that I watch a huge part of my heart drive away on the school bus each day. Being a Mom means that I get to watch my wonderful husband as he becomes an amazing father to my children.
Being a Mom means that I have riches beyond compare; counting my wealth in hugs and kisses.
Being a Mom means that I look at the world around me in a whole new way.
Being a Mom means each day is an adventure.
Being a Mom means on any given day I can have marker stains on my hands and paint in my hair; before noon.
Being a Mom means that my to-do list is never done.
Being a Mom means “because” is a good enough answer.
Being a Mom means that some days I am a chef, chauffer, nurse, cheerleader, teacher, judge, spokesperson, confidant, stain-master, cushion, architect, seamstress, fortuneteller, secret agent, psychiatrist, archeologist, researcher, and Wonder woman.
Being a Mom means making mistakes and learning from them.
Being a Mom means learning a new level of patience each day.
Being a Mom means knowing when to let your kids fall so you can pick them up.
Being a Mom means trusting your instincts to guide you.
Being a Mom means saying “no”.
Being a Mom means giving every little last bit and finding more when you hear them call in the middle of the night.
Being a Mom means sitting in the audience and watching my baby in her first ballet recital and realizing that she isn’t a baby anymore.
Being a Mom means sleeping on the floor when your child is sick.
Being a Mom means reading every label to know what you are giving them.
Being a Mom means playing games and being a kid all over again.
Being a Mom means I will never be unemployed again.
Being a Mom means reading the same story over and over again as if for the first time.
Being a Mom means slowing down to look at every rock on the sidewalk.
Being a Mom means smiling at the sound of running feet down the stairs.
Being a Mom means not stepping on a crack; it just might break my back!
Being a Mom means taking a million photos so I never forget a single moment.
Being a Mom means sneaking into your room on my way to bed each night to hear you snore, and lingering for just a few extra moments.
Being a Mom means success. I have finally found my calling, my purpose in life. I am a Mom to two amazing girls that bring me more joy than I ever could have imagined. I love to hear “Mom” and know it’s ME!

wish me luck...I'm dropping off my entry on my way home from the preschool today!

2 comments:

JoanneK said...

Beautifully said! Good luck with the contest Lynda!

Joaniebolognie said...

I love it Lynda!!! It had me smiling, nodding my head and getting a lump in my throat! Good luck!!!!