Past Design Teams

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Whew...what a week

I am still here...I have just been recovering from having company, dh out of town, and working hard at not getting the new cold/flu that seems to be going around...as if the last one that took three weeks to run it's course was not enough.
I have been stamping again this week...managed to get a few cards done using some of my new Unity Stamps that I won in the past few weeks. The first card was for a color challenge; you had to use pink (in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month), black and white. I stamped the flowers and then cut them out; covering them with glossy accents. I then used brads to attach them to the car...all the yummy paper is from the Dixie Pieces Good & Plenty kit from a few months ago...(I save and use every scrap)

This next one was for the Wednesday challenge to use a flower on your card. I have been playing around with using stamps for paper piecing, so most of the colored parts of the stamped image are actually cut from the stamped image on the pattern paper...makes for a very fun card when you are done.
This next challenge was to make a masculine card...so I chose to use some Junkitz pattern paper from my stash and this wonderful Freedom stamp that I just got in the mail. I stamped the Giggle Gove trees on the pattern paper and then cut them out...I think it turned out great!
For this next challenge it was rock, paper, scissors...so bling, pattern paper, and straight scissor cuts...
This challenge was to create a monogram card...
This was based on the Wednesday sketch at Splitcoast Stampers
I will be back with my card for the sketch this week at 2 sketches for you...need to get a few other things done and photographed today...

No comments: