Past Design Teams

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Happy World Card Making Day 2008

In honor of World Card Making Day there are TONS of online events going on all over the web today...
Over at Paper Popsicles we're having a day of inspiration...every few hours the design team is posting a card to inspire you....

here is my card:

For my card today I'm going to show you a cutout card.

I used a chipboard coaster and drew a house on the back. You could use any piece of chipboard/cardboard that you can find; boxes work great for this.

Next, cut out the shape. I used my Fiskars fingertip knife to get a good clean straight cut.

I used the entire piece to create the front of my card. I trimmed a piece of carstock to match my chipboard piece 2x as long so when folded over it created the card base.

I placed pattern paper behind the cutout as well as covered the front with a coordinating piece. I used a Fiskars squeeze punch for the heart on the front. I inked around the edges wiht a brown ink.

I then wrote miss you and added the little dots around the opening to make it a bit more interesting.
I added the "one heart one mind" to the heart shape; this was a piece of the packaging from some rubons I was using (it is actually the company's name) I liked how it was the right size for this project.

Finally I inked the edges of the card with a brown colorbox chalk ink.

This is a great card to use scraps for!

I used papers from the Paper Popsicles January Life is Beautiful kit...

Here it is:





if you would like to donate cards that you make today to a good cause:

http://www.cardsforheroes.org/addresses.html


Post Office charges by distance on non-flat-rate packaging, so it could save you money to send to the address nearest to you.
Please email the shipper to let them know your cards are on the way, in case they're ready to ship and can wait a day or two to include yours!
Check the Homefront Blog for current holiday deadlines; cards received past the last shipments will be saved for the following year.

• Sandy Allnock
35205 13th Pl SW
Federal Way WA 98023
sandy@cardsforheroes.org

• Shannon Fulkerson
18345 5th Ave
Jamestown CA 95327
shannon@cardsforheroes.org

• Claudia Franson
821 A Whitetail St
Rice Lake WI 54868
claudia@cardsforheroes.org

• Kris Allan
12152 S Summit St
Olathe KS 66062
kris@cardsforheroes.org

If you would like an email to notify you that your package arrived, please include your email address on a piece of paper inside your box.

No comments: