So...this layout has been added to the list of my favorites ever...it is made using the yummy July kit from I Am A Scrapaholic http://www.iamascrapaholic.com/
* I created the scene by hand drawing the sun...adding some fun details to it with my gel pen. The center of the sun is a piece of the Inque Boutique chipboard.
* I created the flowers by hand and added some white gel pen accents to them as well...added more details to the plant on the pattern paper with the same gel pen. I added Mica Flakes to the center of two of the flowers and covered it with Glossy Accents to make them really sparkle.
* I covered the sand castle, pail, and shovel with pieces of the core'dinations cardstock...sanding the edges and adding details with the the gel pen as needed...for the pail I added some small punched out flowers...and added some stickles to the flower centers.
* I used Mica D'Lights to outline the edges of the sand that I overlayed on the bottom of the scene (these sand dunes are made from the pattern paper that was going to be behind my photo...I trimmed it out and used it so the colors would match perfectly). I inked each sand dune piece to add depth.
* The Maya Road journaling sheer was just the right touch to add my thoughts about this magical day at the coast.
* I cut out some of the leaves on the pattern paper and tucked my photo (which I mounted onto white cardstock) behind them to really have it blend into the scene.
I have had so very much fun using this kit...I have really enjoyed being the Visiting Therapist at I Am A Scrapaholic! We are having a chat in their message board on July 25 at 8PM Pacific...if you get a chance to register for their message board drop in and lets have a nice talk on that evening... it would be fun to get together on the web over at IAAS!!!