Past Design Teams

Monday, April 14, 2008

Paper Patch project

For our assignment this month Anne from Paper Patch Crafts sent us an assortment of items and said create something... included in the kit were:

an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of canvas
12x12 piece of chipboard
dew drops in two colors
two colors of ribbon
various pieces of pattern paper
various flowers
a mini mister
some radiant pearls in two colors mixed in a baggie
Kaiser crafts butterfly


So...I decided to see what I could make from the canvas. I created a pattern on paper first and then transferred the pattern to the canvas for a tote bag.

I sprayed the canvas with the radiant pearls mixed with water...gave the canvas a beautiful shimmery green color.

I then cut out the bag. I pulled out some MM floss and used a blanket stitch to close the side of the tote and some quick running stitches to close the bottom. I then used a back stitch to create the flower stems and leaves.

I used some Colorbox ink to change the butterfly to a beautiful shade of pink.

I used the Cropadile to punch and set two eyelets on either side and tied the ribbon through to make the handle.

I then glued the flowers and dew drops at the top of each flower stem. (dew drops are these cuttle little plastic-like bubbles that you can place in the middle of your flowers...totally cute and Anne is one of only a few places on the web that you can find these little gems!)

I then glued the butterfly in place.


I am very happy with how this cute little project turned out...and all from a pattern I made...





Be sure to stop bye Anne's store to pick up some of the items used to make this cute tote!
http://www.paperpatchcrafts.com/

3 comments:

marcibun said...

Wow! Now THAT's creative! I love it, great job.

michelle said...

wow.. that's awesome lynda!

Sheila said...

Those are sooo cute!!! You are so creative!!!