Past Design Teams

Friday, January 22, 2021

Growing in Unity Day Five

 Welcome back for my last post at a Growing In Unity Artist for 2021.  I wanted to thank you for the wonderful comments left this week.  I truly appreciate the kind words and love to have been able to share my projects with you this week.

For my final project this week I wanted to create something really fun, so I stamped the main image from the Succ-y Without You stamp set in Memento ink onto a piece of cardstock.  I then stamped the image two more times onto other cardstock.  I then used my Copic markers to color the entire image on my card base and selected images that I wanted to accent on the additional stamped images.  I then cut out three of the succulents from the extra images.  I then used foam tape to pop up the extra images on top of their colored twins.  I then stamped the sentiment onto scrap white cardstock and trimmed it down.  I edged the cardbase and sentiment using brown ink.  The sentiment was added using the same foam tape.







I love how this card turned out!  I hope this week has encouraged you to try some new things with stamps, some new coloring mediums, and maybe a trick or two using an image a little differently.

I have enjoyed sharing my projects with you and hope that you will keep an eye on the Growing in Unity page to see if you were selected as one of my lucky winners if you leave a comment.  Thank you so much for sharing this week with me!

And be sure to check back each week throughout the year to see what other wonderful creations are made by other Growing In Unity Artists!

Happy crafting....Lynda

17 comments:

Wilma DeG said...

I love how this card turned out, too... just beautiful! I have enjoyed seeing how you used the same stamp set on different projects this week. It's given me inspiration to do the same with my stamps! Thank you!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! I love the added dimension!

Rachel Duong said...

Thank you for showcasing a stamp set so many different ways. I sometimes get stuck thinking a set should be one color or one design and get stuck. I love what you did with popping up some of the plants on the image. What a great idea, it looks so three dimensional and realistic. Thank you for a week of inspiring ideas!

Kathy Dippner said...

Beautiful card! Great idea to pop up parts of the image. I've never done that on a card. Thanks for sharing your creativity this week.

LuAnne said...

Well, this is by far my favorite of the week. One of my mottos is “when in doubt, pop it up!” I love this card. I have enjoyed seeing how you used the same set all week, too. Great week!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Love 💘 love this so much! Saving for later inspiration! Love the dimension!

Linda Vigil said...

Oh my goodness that is so gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for the inspiration!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

I love this style with the dimension of the succulents. I've not tried it and I'd like to. Thanks for a wonderful week of inspiration!

Denise S. said...

Nice touch to pop them up as they really add interest to the card. Nice week showing different techniques with the same set.

Phaline Mays said...

Beautiful crafting this week! Your coloring is awesome. I am not a fan of succulents, but I may just have to buy this set.

{S} said...

Fantastic week showcasing this incredible image. If I win the drawing, I’m getting it!! 😁 LOVE the dimension on this one.
Shannon Horch

KT Fit Kitty said...

You've got the 3-D look going on in this one, and it looks awesome! They really pop! Love your coloring too! Although I've enjoyed all of your projects, I think this one is my favorite! Love everything about it, especially the coloring and color choices! Congrats again for your Growing in Unity feature - well deserved! Bravo on showing so many different looks for this stamp set, so impressive!

jules said...

I love everything... your colors are gorgeous as well as your coloring....and the details, I love the layering❤️ Another beauty❣️

Teri Keefer said...

Love the card, cool how you popped it up. Great week!

Wendy said...

This is fantastic, I love it! Thank you for the inspiration!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful card. Your coloring is gorgeous. Thabk you for sharing it with us.

Glennis F said...

This one is my favourite, I love the dimension