Past Design Teams

Thursday, October 18, 2018

All about the coffee...

Gotta have my coffee...


For this cover, I decided that I was going to try a technique I have wanted to do for a while – paint with coffee. I mixed some instant coffee with various amounts of water to create different colors to use on my project. I even died the trim on the edge of the cover with coffee.

I dipped the lid of a mason jar into the coffee and pressed it into the paper to create the rings and dripped coffee from the paintbrush onto the cover to add more texture and designs.


 The centers of the flowers are given dimension from the actual instant coffee smashed into the wet coffee paint. I love how it all worked out!!!

 


Tattered Angels Calendar Kit Paint System – Diamonds & Pearls
Architextures™ 6″x6″ Blank Journal – Sketch
7gypsies Mixed Media Junque Pack
Canvas Corp The Watering Can: Garden Sayings on Ivory Paper
Instant coffee
Gesso, liquid glue
Scissors, mason jar lid, paintbrushes

This was such a fun project…not to mention the cute book smells amazing!!!
Are you going to give it a go too? Let me know how it went in the comments.
Happy crafting....Lynda

No comments: