Past Design Teams

Sunday, September 02, 2018

A little catching up to do....

I've been a terrible blogger.  I've been creating and creating for months, but haven't been sharing my projects here on my blog, but some has been shared on the Canvas Corp blog, some for a trade show in Europe and even a few for a magazine in Europe.

I've also been helping a LOT with the local pet rescue efforts.  I helped to setup the online albums and tracking spreadsheet for the recent Redding fires here in California.  I have also been helping with the local TNR group in our area; we work as a team to support the efforts in the community.

I've realized a good bit about my creative style in the past few months which is always good.  I like to create when I feel most grounded.  I like to color when I'm with my family watching tv or a movie.  I like to needle felt when I need a distraction.  I love to paint mostly when I'm alone and don't have to worry about not hearing someone when they are talking or following along with a movie.

I like to work on projects a little at a time, rarely completing something quickly, but dabbling a little and then coming back to it after putting it down for a while.  I often take photos of my work in progress so I can look at it more objectively later and often find exactly what is missing when I look at it later.

So...what have I gotten done in the months since I posted here last...well here are some of the projects in no particular order:

I created this frame using burlap for Canvas Corp.  I made the flowers from red burlap and the centers are from the frayed pieces cut from the sheet used to cover the frame.   This was published along with a tutorial on the Canvas Corp blog.

Time for Tea designs released some clear stamps this year and I created these cards using those cute new images: 



 Each month Canvas Corp gives it's designers a theme for a challenge which we can participate in.  The challenge one month was music; you had to use lyrics or something musical in your project; so I used actual sheet music for my cards:



 Each month I create a tutorial for Canvas Corp Brands.  I created this burlap table runner as my tutorial one month using their awesome blank runner and some leftover upholstery fabric I had from recovering my dining room chairs:



 I love to upcycle things, so this was a fun project I made for Canvas Corp that used a Crystal Light lemonade packet container:


Time for Tea designs card for their blog:


Some Odd girl released this cute image:


I adore this image from Some Odd Girl and created this card for one of my monthly projects for them when I was on their design team: 


I recovered a Travelers Notebook that I received that had a small imperfection on the cover using this amazing paper from Canvas Corp Brands.  I wrote a tutorial for this that was on their blog.


When I was selected for the Canvas Corp Brands design Crew we were asked to create a canvas in our style, so I created this.  I made the paper roses, used frayed strips of bulap for the side and lots of inking and distressing on this.

 


 There is a LOT more than this, but some of the projects have not been shared on the other blogs yet, so I can't share them here with you.  So as you can see, I've been coloring, inking, painting, and sewing a lot in the past few months....just not blogging about it.  My goal for the balance of the year is to publish at least once a week to my blog with my latest projects.

Happy crafting....Lynda

No comments: