Past Design Teams

Monday, October 06, 2014

Path of Positivity October challenge - Courage

Our theme this month on the Path of Positivity blog is Courage.  What does courage mean to you?  What does courage look like?

For my card I first decided on this quote:  "Be content to stand in the light, and let the shadow fall where it will" by Mary W. Stewart.  This quote really spoke to me of courage to face anything and let things fall where they will. It takes a great amount of courage to stand up and face things.

I chose this image titled Western Tanager from Sparkle N Sprinkle for my project.  I image that a bird must have a great deal of courage to survive in the wild.  To learn to fly, to learn to hunt, to avoid being hunted, to survive....  This sweet image was perfect for my quote.



I printed the image and quote onto white cardstock.  I then colored the image using my Copic markers.  I then found these wonderful pattern papers that were in hues the same as my coloring and added them to the card base.



What does courage mean to you?  Create a project that is a visual representation of what courage means to you, what it looks like to you, or who has been courageous that inspires you...tell us about your project and link it up on the Path of Positivity blog.

This month our fabulous sponsor is Sparkle N Sprinkle and they have some wonderful prizes available to three lucky particpants.

Sparkle N Sprinkle is the sole sponsor for this challenge:  They are offering up three prizes for this challenge, which will be:
  • Three digital images for the post or project that the DT deems most inspiring of the bunch.
  • Three digital images for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.
  • Three digital images for a project or post that best displays the concept of courage in a creation meant for a breast cancer survivor (since it is breast cancer awareness month).
There will also  be:
  • One digital image from Creative Bug Digital Stamps for each person chosen as a DT Delight.
  • One digital designer paper (made to order in a few different ways) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky voter who leaves a comment.
  • One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.

Happy crafting....Lynda



No comments: