Past Design Teams

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mid week pondering....some Chi Chi fun and the door seen around the world...

So....Wednesday is fun day...lots going on all around typically and this week is no different...throw in the fact that it's my birthday too...and wahoo...let the fun keep on keeping on...

My card this week for Chi Chi Memories features this cute Cheerful Girl image:




For my card I first printed her onto white cardstock.  I then colored the image using my Copics...I am loving the tips I've been getting in the Kit and Clowder hair and skin class...I also signed up for the clothing class, so I'm working on pleats too...

I then trimmed the image and set out to make a cute card base using this wonderful paper from Simple Stories...I fussy cut the heart from the same paper line from one of the little journaling squares in the paper pad.  I think she is wonderful and "a famly is a patchwork stitched with love"!


Now...people in my neighborhood are probably used to our crazy porch decorations for the holidays....last year for Christmas I made the front door look like Santa...belt in the middle with buckle...his beard from the top (made with cotton balls)....  so this year I had to do something for Halloween that was super fun.  I picked up these wonderful HUGE googley eyes from Target a few weeks back when they first put things in the dollar spot section...  I came up the idea to make the door look like a mummy...and set about cutting strips of plotter paper...then used packing tape to create a kind of "frame" around the door...our door has this tight insulation trim around it, so getting things to stick to the sides is pretty much impossible...so getting a frame in place was critical...then I added the strips across the entire door...leaving the lock and handle out so we can get in.  I then trimmed back a section and added the red paper; and cut out a circle using a punch for the peep hole...otherwise I can't see out at all...it ended up being fine...kind of looks like a little mouth...  I then added the googley eyes.  I then took a large sharpie marker and outlined the bandages so they stand out more...


I've had more conversations with people I haven't seen in the neighborhood in the past two days since this went up...  fun stuff!

So the other ways our door has been decked out for Halloween are:

Last year I made a spiderweb using masking tape and hung up pom-pom spiders the girls made at a craft store a few years before:



and the year before it was a zombie looking thing....




Now I'll need to start thinking about what to do next year...the girls are trying to talk me into a spider or ghoul of some kind....I guess I've got lots of time to plan something totally fun...

Happy crafting....Lynda

Entering my card into the following:

Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy - Main color RED

1 comment:

Céline said...

fab card
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
hugs
céline